Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Vanilla cupcakes (gluten,dairy,egg free!)
2 cups all purpose gluten free flour (I use Bob's Red Mill)
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk substitute (I used Dari free)
1 teaspoon cider vinegar
1/2 cup shortening (I use Spectrum)
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon Ener-G egg replacer mixed with 1/4 cup milk sub.
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (I use McCormick)
1. preheat oven to 350 f
2. whisk together the flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. in another bowl mix the milk sub. and the cider vinegar
4. in your stand mixer bowl, with the paddle attachment on, mix togethter the sugar, shortening, egg reaplacer, and vanilla. mix until light and fluffy. Sift in flour mixture a little at a time alternating with the milk sub. mixture. Make sure you scrape the sides of the bowl.
5. fill liners a little over half, they will rise up.
6. Bake in the center of the oven for about 20-22 minutes. They should be golden brown and a tooth pick should come out clean.