Thursday, February 11, 2010
Yummy chocolate chip gluten free diary free egg free cookies!
Wow, I think these are better than ones that contain wheat, dairy, and egg!! I'm not even going to say how many I ate of these!! We are taking these to the preschool Valentines party tomorrow. (if they make it til then!!)
What you need:
3/4 cup vegetable shortening
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 packed brown sugar
2 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/4 teaspoons Ener-G egg replacer mixed with 3 tablespoons milk sub.
1 1/2 cups Bob's Red Mill all purpose gluten free baking flour
3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 1/8 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips
1. preheat the oven to 350 f
2. in your stand mixer bowl cream the shortening, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Mix til light and fluffy. I use the paddle attachment.
3. In another bowl, whisk together flour, xantham gum, baking soda, and salt.
4. add the flour mix slowly to the creamed batter. Mix together until fully mixed.
5. fold in chocolates chips by hand
6. roll dough into little balls, place on cookie sheet and flatten them with your hand. bake for 11-12 minutes and no longer!! These cookies will not look done, but the will firm up after you take them out of the oven.