Ways we save money to pay for our son's recovery.

Swidget 1.0

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My CVS trip today




I went to CVS today, basically just to get the Princess and the Frog DVD. I had a deal planned out to get it for free, after coupons. I drove all the way there (it's in another town) and guess what... they didn't have it in. I knew I should have called. They were out of everything that had good Extra Care Buck offers on it. So I picked up a couple things and my youngest son picked up the Planet 51 DVD and he really wanted it and I had Extra Care Bucks going out, so this is what I did.

Checked out 3 times (once for my mom)

Transaction #1
(1) Stay Free regular maxi pad (on sale all month, you get 2 Extra Care Bucks to use on your next purchase, only upc code # 380040927001)limit 4 per card, only had 1 package in store $3.99
(2) Starburst 2/$1
(1) Herbal Essence shampoo $2.99 with 1 Extra Care Buck (limit 1 per card)
(1) Herbal Essence mouse $2.99

coupons
B1G1 free Starburst (from signing up as fan on Facebook)-$0.50
B1 Herbal Essence shampoo or conditioner get 1 style product free -$2.99
-1.00 Stay Free coupon (I got in the mail)

paid $7.49 after tax with a rebate card from CVS and got 3 ECB

Transaction #2

Planted 51 DVD $24.99 (I know I almost fainted!)
- $4 of $20 purchase (was going out of date also)
- 3 ECB for transaction #1
- 15.99 old ECB
total $3.94 I paid 2.50 from the remainder of the rebate card and
paid $1.44 cash out of pocket

Transaction #3 (mom's)
(1) Herbal Essence conditioner $2.99 with 1 ECB (limit 1 per card)
(1) Herbal Essence hairspray $2.99

coupon used
B1 Herbal Essence shampoo or conditioner and get 1 free style product -$2.99
-2.99 old ECB
after tax paid $0.55 cash out of pocket

So I really only paid $1.44 out of pocket for what I got and I'm so glad I got the DVD the boys love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment